TML Courier Program (brainstorm)

feedback and brainstorm
angelboydiscoman

TML Courier Program (brainstorm)

Post by angelboydiscoman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 pm

I was talking with Moxie a bit today about an idea I had, where we sell the zine in bulk at a reduced rate to people who might have an avenue of distribution in their area. They would buy a bunch of zines from us for cheap, then pocket whatever revenue they generate for distributing it. I was thinking of a pricing scale like this:

5 for $10
10 for $20
20 for $30
50 for $50

Moxie suggested that we give 10 free copies to the cover artist of each issue, and maybe significant contributors as well. I agree with that.

Ultimately, I think this sort of thing could work really well. At this point, dissemination of TML is still very low, just over 100 people receive each issue, but we could easily expand if we had people all over the country distributing it in their areas.

This is still in the idea phase, so feel free to let us know what you think of this, and if you have any suggestions for improvement or critiques. One downside I can think of right off the bat: international people probably won't be able to play this game. I think shipping would be too cost prohibitive.

MoxieFamous
Site Admin

Re: TML Courier Program (brainstorm)

Post by MoxieFamous » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:19 am

International would definitely have to be larger quantities to make the shipping worth it. I'll have to grab some USPS International boxes/envelopes to see how many zines fit in each size and figure out which one is most cost effective, then we can figure out which quantities we can offer International people. For people within the US it's very easy to offer all sorts of quantities because of the many different flat/calculated shipping methods available.