Creative Software Forum

Jay

Creative Software Forum

Post by Jay » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:16 pm

A forum under the creative category for showcasing/discussing software used to create media would be pretty cool I think.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MoxieFamous

Re: Creative Software Forum

Post by MoxieFamous » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:21 am

I think that's a good idea. A lot of different software and physical equipment goes into making anything and everyone has their different preferences and workflows. Having a dedicated space for technical talk would probably be a good move.

Spooky

Re: Creative Software Forum

Post by Spooky » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:47 am

Half software half recipe but I figured out a cool trick to give your videos a sexy VHS atmosphere.

You will need:
A VHS/DVD Combo player,
A PS3 or Xbox 360 with RCA out cables,
Time and patience! (Neither of which I have.)

Export your video in 4:3 720p DVD quality, put it on a memory stick, then plug the memory stick into your PS3 or Xbox. Connect the console video output to your VHS recorder input, hit record on the tape machine and play the video on the console. Whilst it's recording to tape you can jiggle the RCA cables to create visual distortion! After you've recorded the video to tape, transfer the tape to DVD on your machine. Finally you can insert the DVD in your computer and screen capture it. It's long winded and a little frustrating but there's nothing quite like that tape aesthetic! There's probably an easier way so please tell me if you know it!